Freelance Journalist, Writer and Editor
Writing and Editing | Greater Seattle Area, US
I am a freelance journalist, copy writer, and editor with more than 10 years experience covering a variety of beats for Greenbiz.com, Sustainable Industries, Greenfab-Media.com. I have extensive experience researching, writing and editing copy for a variety of marketing pieces including annual reports and B2B publications.
Finally, I am well-versed in social media management and am excited for any opportunities to use and expand those skills.
Specialties: environmental reporting, energy reporting, blogging, editing, AP Style, layout and design, proofreading, copyediting, sustainability, CSR, Corporate Social Responsibility, Solar, alternative energy, renewable energy, green building, corporate sustainability, sustainable agriculture, sustainable ag, organic markets, green living, sustainable business, green business
2000 - Present
Programming Base / One Reel
• Coordinate communications for programming staff during Bumbershoot, an annual music and arts festival that averages 20,000 visitors a day over three days.
2000 - Present
Freelance Journalist, Writer and Editor / Self Employed
I am a freelance journalist, copy writer, and editor with more than 10 years experience covering a variety of beats for Greenbiz.com, Sustainable Industries, Greenfab-Media.
As a copywriter and editor I've done creative work for a variety of projects and companies. Most recently I wrote and edited all the copy for Chinook Books in eight markets across the country.
Co-owner / One Vice Coffee
Develop comprehensive business plan
Community Liaison and Communications Consultant / Office Nomads
• Greet members and visitors in this busy coworking office on Capitol Hill;
• Give tours of the space to perspective members;
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers;
• Write and edit copy for website and other marketing collateral.
Editor (Contract) / Greenfab
• Research and write regular, engaging blog posts on living a green, sustainable lifestyle.
• Oversee integration of social media tools to grow audience.
Copywriter/editor (Contract) / Celilo Group Media
• Research resources focused on living a green lifestyle in eight U.S. markets;
• Write engaging copy for resource guides in Chinook Book coupon books for all eight markets;
• Adapt and edit content for use on mobile platforms;
• Copyedit all content to assure accuracy and adherence to in-house and AP Style guides;
Associate Editor/Web Editor/Puget Sound Correspondant / Sustainable Industries
• Research and write news stories, analysis and in-depth features about West Coast businesses focused on sustainability for regional print magazine and website.
• Manage online content creation and production.
• Edit Green Building Sector and Food Sector pages.
• Conduct a Q and A interview for publication with leading personalities from the area's green industry.
• Track green industry news sources and update online breaking news section daily.
• Develop and maintain list of green industry contacts.
• Lead company redevelopment of website and integration of social media tools.
• Develop systems to keep website content fresh; document use of new CMS.
Contributor / Seattlest
• Produce at least three, 500-word posts each week for Seattle news and culture blog.
Owner / Ghost Blogger
Do You Put Off Maintaining Your Blog?
While tools like e-newsletters, blogs, and RSS feeds make communicating easier than ever before, they don't just write themselves. Let's face it, you have a ton of posts planned that you've just not gotten around to, right? You know that blog will make a difference, but you don't want to write it. You really want to put the knowledge, skill, and talent you have to work in your field. That's why you started your own business in the first place.
You don't have to write your blog, I will.
Production Coordinator / KEXP
Assist Event Manager in producing all aspects of KEXP barbeque, a fund raising event and day-long concert
Reporter and Editor / Energy NewsData
• Lead development and evolution of company’s first online publication.
• Research and write stories about new energy technologies, renewable energy resources Western climate change policy and related issues.
• Report federal energy policy news as it affects the Northwest.
Senior Matieralsperson - South Pole / Raytheon Polar Services
• Track and maintain inventory of more than 100 standard ingredients in a kitchen that serves four meals a day to 250 people.
• Generate a pick list for weekly delivery of supplies based on orders from four chefs.
• Manage and maintain kitchen supply backstock inventory.
Publisher / Monster at the Pole
• Create and market a successful blog documenting my experience living and working at The South Pole for four months.
• Built traffic to 200 hits a week.
Editor, Communications Specialist / Neighborhood House
* Responsible for all editorial decisions of this well-read community newspaper.
* Maintain strict editorial guidelines including adherence to AP style.
* Write stories of interest to low-income residents, immigrants and refugees in King County.
* Lead design of and write copy for all agency communications.
* Manage all agency media relations and inquiries.
* Act as webmaster and write content for agency Web site.
Producer / A Guide to Visitors
• With team of four producers oversee all aspects of production for monthly live storytelling show including creating the theme, publicity, emcee duties, and workshopping stories.